Fortune Global Shipping and Logistics Limited (“Fortune Global” of “The Company”) is a leading provider of logistics and global freight forwarding services to the Oil & Gas and Project Industry in Nigeria, Kenya and USA. By virtue of its service delivery and products the Company needs to gather and process certain information(such as name, telephone number, address and so on) about Individuals, Businesses, Corporate Organization and Other entities ,with whom it has relationship in line with the Companies Objects such as, but not limited to the recruitment and payment of staffs and former staffs, relationship management with clients, relationship management with Members and Investors.
Considering the data regulatory environment which requires higher transparency and accountability on how companies manage and use personal data, the Company is committed to ensuring that its business operations align with global best practices on data protection of rights and the Nigeria Data Protection Act, 2023 for privacy of individuals, businesses, corporate organization, and other entities. Under the Nigeria Data Protection Regulations (NDPR) we identify that we are a “controller” for those services where we make decisions on how personal information is used in connection with our services, and we are a “processor” for those services where we only use personal information as allowed by our customers.
Fortune Global understands the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. Our sites is basically designed for the rendering of our services and as such is strictly a business environment, it is not designed for or directed at children. It is our policy never to knowingly collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 13, except as part of an engagement to deliver our services.
2. Information we collect
Fortune Global collects personal information when you register on this Website, request certain Fortune Global’s services or products, or submit the information to participate in any other promotion services. If you do not provide certain personal information, not all functionality on the site will be available. So also, you may not be able to access some of our services. The personal information we collect includes:
- Basic personal details – such as name, title, and date of birth.
- Personal contact details – such as delivery address, phone number, and email address.
- Work details – such as job title, department, company name, company address, work email address and office phone number.
- Your opinion of our products and services.
- Your preferences regarding Fortune Global’ s services such as newsletter subscription.
- Your career details.
3. Sources of the Information We Collect
We collect personal information about you either directly from you, from certain third parties (such as your employer or the subscriber providing access to our Services), when you:
- Communicate with us by phone, email, chat, in person, or otherwise.
- Complete a questionnaire, survey, support ticket, or other information request form.
- When you express an interest in working with us or apply for a job or position with us.
- Report a technical error or infringement of intellectual property.
- Request for permissions
- Want to pre-schedule a meeting at our offices.
- Want to report a data breach.
- Search for, subscribe to, or purchase our Services.
- Use our Services or otherwise interact with us.
- Create or maintain a profile or account with us.
- Purchase, use, or otherwise interact with content, products, or services from third party providers who have a relationship with us.
- Create, post, or submit user content on our services.
- Request or sign up for information,
We also collect personal information about you from third parties, such as:
- Your organization and others with whom you have a relationship that provide or publish personal information related to you, such as from our customers when they arrange access to our Services for you or from others when they create, post, or submit user content on our services that may include your personal information.
- Professional or industry organizations and certification/licensure agencies that provide or publish personal information related to you.
- Third parties and affiliates or vendor who integrate with our Services.
- Service providers and business partners who work with us in relation to our Services and that we may utilize to deliver certain content, products, or services or to enhance your experience.
- Marketing, sales generation, and recruiting business partners.
- Government agencies and others who release or publish public records.
- Other publicly or generally available sources, such as social media sites, public and online websites, open databases, and data in the public domain.
- In some circumstances, we collect information about you from our partners or from publicly available websites to help us better understand our audience and enhance the relevance of our content.
4. Lawful Basis for Processing
We only process personal information where we have a lawful basis for doing so, such as the following:
- User consent – This is where you have given us explicit permission to process personal information for a given purpose.
- Contractual necessity – This is where we have to process personal information to meet our contractual obligations.
- Legal obligation – This is where we have to process personal information in order to comply with the law.
- Protection of vital interests – This is where we are constrained to process your information in order to protect your interests or those of another person.
- Public interest – This is where there is an overriding public interest, or we have been vested with an official public mandate to take certain action in the interest of the public.
5. How We Use Your Personal Information
We collect personal information for the following main reasons:
- To address a data breach
- To prepare for your visit to our offices
- To fix a technical error
- To address a breach of laws relevant to our business
- To protect our systems
- To provide our service
- To improve and maintain performance
- To bill our customers
- To monitor compliance with our policies and terms
- To personalize our products and services
- To communicate product changes and offers
- For the purpose of advertising
- To build directories
You can also update your personal information by sending us an email using this address [email protected]. Please note that if you exercise choice in this manner, you will continue to receive communications concerning your account and products and services you requested, and in response to any requests for information by you. Please also note that this opt-out process may take some time to complete, consistent with applicable law.
6. Who do we Share Your Personal Information With?
We disclose personal information to facilitate the running of our business or to provide specific services you have requested.
We will always contact individual subscribers before doing so and will respect any requests not to share this information. We also share personal information with social media platforms, where for instance, you log in to our Sites via a social media account. Please note that our Sites are publicly accessible and anyone around the world who accesses our Sites will be able to see anything you post, such as comments about an article. We encourage you to use a pseudonym when commenting on our Sites if you do not wish to be identifiable to other readers. If you participate in certain features of our Sites (e.g., sharing news stories of interest), please note that any information you or others voluntarily disclose through use of these features, becomes available to the public and/or other users whom you have designated. If you choose to provide access to designated individuals, please be aware that any information you post will be visible to such individuals for their use.
Fortune Global may also disclose your personal information to unaffiliated third parties if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to:
- comply with any applicable law, rule, or regulation, or in response to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process;
- protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of Fortune Global or others;
- monitor compliance with and enforce any terms of service on this Web site;
- perform other activities related to such services and products, including billing and collection;
- provide you with offers or promotions from Fortune Global; or
- operate the systems that provide our services and products properly.
The collection, further use, and/or disclosure of your information by Third-Party Providers or by other third parties is not the responsibility of Fortune Global. Rather, such collection, use, and/or disclosure is governed by the third parties’ privacy policies. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that all the third parties we interact with comply with the relevant data privacy laws.
7. How Long We Retain Your Personal Information?
We retain the majority of your personal information for as long as your account or contract is active and therefore open. This allows you to continue accessing our content, products and services. If you become inactive, we retain your information only for the period within which it is reasonably needed and may delete elements of the information associated with your account. We will normally warn you if your access is going to be withdrawn and give you the opportunity to retain your account. Where we don’t need to keep all of your information in full, we will obfuscate or aggregate it, for example, web activity logs and survey responses. This is to ensure that we do not retain your information for any longer than is necessary. It may be sometimes necessary for us to keep your personal information for longer periods of time, for example:
- If there is a statutory requirement to retain it;
- If we require the information for legal reasons or there is a legitimate business need for us to retain it;
- To ensure we do not contact you if you have asked us not to
8. The Security & Transfer of your Personal Information
We have appropriate technical and administrative security measures in place to help ensure that our users’ information is protected against unauthorized or accidental access, use, alteration, or loss. In the event that we transfer your personal information outside your jurisdiction, it would most likely be because we want to ensure the utmost security of your personal information. We put in place safeguards to protect information that is transferred in this way and only transfer your information in line with the lawful bases for data processing outlined above or under the supervision of the appropriate governmental authority, ensuring the country to which we are transferring your data has high standards of data protection, as spelt out in the Nigerian Data Protection Act and the Implementation Framework.
9. Your rights
Under the relevant data protection laws, you have rights as an individual in relation to the personal data we hold about you. These rights include:
- The right to object to direct marketing – your preferences, including in relation to direct marketing, can be found in your account.
- The right to access the personal data that we process about you.
- The right to request the deletion of your personal information.
- The right to request the rectification of your personal information – you can manage some of this information in your account.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information.
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it.
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
You can exercise these rights through your account or by contacting us using the email below. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.